An excerpt from the upcoming documentary on 508 Park.
Directed by Alan Govenar
Produced by 508 Park Project committee
The Stewpot/Community Ministries of First Presbyterian Church of Dallas completed the purchase of 508 Park Avenue, Dallas, and the adjoining properties on either side of it, 1900 Young and 1905 Canton on June 28th, 2011. We envision a place of vitality, open to all. Currently, we are completing the plans for renovating the property. Our architects are Good, Fulton & Farrell.
The property redevelopment began in April with the demolition of 1900 Young Street, at the southeast corner of the crossroad of Young and Park. In its place, an outdoor performance amphitheatre will be constructed. The two-story stacked stone corner was removed and will be restored as a corner tower and a perimeter wall to replicate the previous building’s footprint. Trees and grass will grace this new cityscape. The amphitheater will host concerts, performances, and outdoor worship.
Thanks to photographers Christoper Aamold, Lee Nickerson, Pat Bywaters, Scott Dorn, and Noah Jeppson for photos for the Demo Day slideshow.
1905 Canton Street (the south side of 508) now a vacant lot and enclosed by chain link fence, will house a Community Garden.
We will create a roof terrace for events so that everyone can enjoy its spectacular view of downtown Dallas.
Grahics courtesy of Good, Fulton & Farrell Architects